Two Outstanding Panels:
- Blockchain as a Disruptor in Global Markets: Decentralization in Payments, Lending, Peer-to-Peer & More
- Stablecoin – An Investor’s Perspective
5:45 pm Panel I: Blockchain as a Disruptor in Global Markets: Decentralization in Payments, Lending, Peer-to-Peer & More
Blockchain technology has seen a flurry of new innovations and a wave of adoption in the last few years. At its core, blockchain is built on decentralization principles. Similar to the impact on-line purchasing has had to bricks and mortar shopping, blockchain has and will continue to have an impact on finance. In this panel we discuss issues including:
- Decentralized market places & the effect on world exchanges & financial markets
- Impact on payments , lending and peer-to-peer
- The Internet as a guarantor
- Where is disruption having the most impact?
- Blockchain or decentralized companies: Where to invest now
Farid Tejani, Partner, Ampersand & Head of Strategy, Crown Platform
Simon Taylor, Co-Founder, 11FS
Ulyana Shtybel, Co-Founder & VP, HighCastle
6:30 pm Panel II: Stablecoin – An Investor’s Perspective
When observing the market in cryptocurrencies today, the fluctuation and risk has caused alarms in the investment community – whether an individual or institutional investor. With the advent of stablecoins, these may serve as a bridge between the fiat world and the digital currency marketplace. But what are the risks and the advantages? And which firms will be leading the way in adaption and market share? In this panel we address issues including:
- What are stablecoins/security tokens and how are they differentiated from other digital currencies?
- How do you generate alpha from stablecoin?
- Liquidity issues
- Dealing with risk aversion
- What is the advantage of adopting stablecoin & why should people invest?
- How do you get institutional adoption?
- Regulatory issues
David Acton, CTO, UWIN, Corp. & CoFounder, ĐPactum
Nikola Tchouparov, Co-Founder & CEO, Moneyfold
Piotr Arendarski, Chief Economist, BBOD
Panels Facilitator: Stacey Mankoff, Managing Principal, The Mankoff Company & Founder, After the Bell Events
7:15 pm: Networking Reception
Once more, our After the Bell events bring you top-of-mind issues in the fintech space. These events are not recorded or streamed so in order to gain these insights, you must be there.
Who Will Be Attending?
Investors, Banks, Investment Firms, VC, Hedge Funds, Insurance Traders, Risk Managers, Portfolio & Asset Managers, Cryptocurrency Firms, Exchanges, Tech Firms, Clearing & Settlement, Solution Providers, Law Firms, Consulting & Advisory Firms, E-Commerce Companies, Regulators