1. Why do we collect your personal information
2. What type of information do we collect
Any information we collect is necessary to provide you with the services or to comply with legal regulations and legislation.
You may refuse to provide us with some types of personal information requested, but in this case, we may not be able to ensure that the service works properly for you and that all services are available.
Depending on the service you wish to use, we may collect the following types of information:
- Full name, date, nationality, place of birth, age, phone number, home address, and email.
- Tax number, passport number, driver’s license details, national identity card details, and photo identification cards.
- Bank account details, payment card details, transaction history, trading data, and tax identification.
- Survey responses, the information provided to our support team, public social networking posts, authentication data, security questions, user ID, and other data collected via cookies and similar technologies.
3. How your personal information is used
The primary purpose of collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure and convenient experience. How this information can be used:
- to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve the services that you use on the MyEtherbankTrust website;
- to comply with the legal requirements and applicable legislation;
- for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
4. Additional information from external sources.
We may obtain information about you from third-party sources as required or permitted by applicable law, such as public databases, credit bureaus, ID verification partners, resellers and channel partners, joint marketing partners, and social media platforms. We obtain such information to comply with our legal obligations, such as anti-money laundering laws. Our lawful basis for processing such data is compliance with legal obligations. In some cases, we may process additional data about you to ensure our Services are not used fraudulently or for other illicit activities.
5. Automatically collected information.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration, problem-solving, and service improvement. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify anyone.
7. Sharing Personal Information with other parties
MyEtherBankTrust may share your information in the following circumstances:
- We share your information with third-party identity verification services to prevent fraud. This allows MyEtherBankTrust to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide to public records and third-party databases.
- We may share your information with financial institutions with which we partner to process your authorized payments.
- We may share your information with law enforcement or regulatory agencies as the law requires.
8. Protection of the personal information
We will not permit any third parties to contact you directly on an unsolicited basis concerning their products or services. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. You should never disclose your account password to unauthorized parties. We use specific security measures to help keep your data safe. Still, we cannot guarantee that these measures will stop any users from trying to get around the privacy or security settings on the Website through unforeseen and illegal activity.